Twitter launched its geolocation API yesterday. ReadWriteWeb wrote about possible uses of geotaged tweets.
I did some testing yesterday. In my eyes, a big problem is, that most clients use the default location for all tweets. That means that you get lots of geotagged tweets, but the content is not really in a local context.
I think we need some common local hashtags for filtering to really take advantage of the new geolocation API:
- #news: For local news and information
- #drink: For recommendations on bars, pubs, etc.
- #food: For restaurants, fastfood, etc.
- #gov: For messages from public authorities
- #traffic: Traffic information, traffic jams, parking, etc.
- #music: For information on music, concerts, bands, etc.
- #party: For parties
- #movie: For cinema and movie news
- #museum: For exhibitions and museums
- #art: For exhibitions, vernissages, etc.
- #shop: For shopping, offers, vouchers, coupons, etc.
- #gsales: For garage sales and flea markets
Now your turn: Any more – or better ideas? Comments are very welcome.SEOigg it! Vielen Dank.